- Author writes regularly for Hobbyfarms.com, motherearthnews.com, Grit magazine , Backyard Poultry magazine , and her blog hostilevalleyliving.com
- The Modern Homesteader's Guide to Keeping Geese will teach the reader how to raise their own gaggle of geese for their farm in the way that best benefit the needs of both the farmer and the geese
- It will help to dispel the idea that geese are simply pugnacious protectors, and explain how a bonded goose can be a great companion.
- The book will examine the history and modern uses of geese for various practical farming tasks such as weeding and guarding, making it appealing to both hobby and professional farmers
- Takes an in-depth look at the different types of geese in America today, and how each breed has its own distinct personalities and traits.
- The book addresses caring for geese, including special considerations for cold weather and appropriate shelter.
- Includes details on raising goslings and treating various illnesses that might affect these birds